If you are in need of a pastoral care connection today, contact Rev. Jim Lewis at 984-377-3636 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Each Sunday, a member of our Pastoral Care Team will be available after church to be a “listening ear” for those who could use some support. The information for who that will be can be found in our Weekly E-News.
What is Pastoral Care?
- When you haven’t met me yet, but would like to.
- When you have problems you’d like to discuss, concerning your children, your job, your marriage, or anything else where a sympathetic ear might be of help.
- When you’re going in the hospital or know someone else in the congregation who is.
- When someone close to you has died or is critically ill.
- When you’re planning to be married, or wish you could be.
- When you have a child to be dedicated.
- When you’re pregnant but wish you weren’t.
- When you, or a friend or neighbor would like more information about the Unitarian Universalist faith.
- When you’re considering joining the congregation.
- When you’d like to show me what a good cook you are!
- When there are community issues you’d like to discuss or would like me to be involved with.
- When you’d like to talk religion with me.
- When you’d like to talk parenting with me – as a parent, or as a child.
- When you’ve had good news and want to share it.
- When you’ve had bad news.
- When you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- When you want to tell me your history with the congregation.
- When you’ve heard a great joke and want to share it.
This list is adapted from an essay by the Rev. Dr. Peter Lee Scott, circa 1957