The Welcoming Rooms: Creating Sanctuary for the Spirit
Available on YouTube and FaceBook. We will send an order of service and connection details, per usual, on Sunday morning at 10:20, just prior to service at 10:30. Consider subscribing to our Youtube Channel here.
Outdoor social at UUCH has been rescheduled for this Sunday, August 23rd at 6pm.
We will be adhering to the below guidelines.
- Our building will remain closed
- Restrooms will be available and monitored.
- Our playground will remain closed.
- Bring your own seating and/or blankets.
- Use hand sanitizer found at the sanitizing station upon entering the gathering space and again when leaving.
- There will be no sharing of food and beverages between households, so please bring your own.
- During congregation-wide events, place your chairs, blankets, etc. in the center of one of the marked areas, each being 20 ft. from the next marker.
- At all times, maintain a distance of 6 ft. from anyone who is not a member of your household.
- Masks that cover both the nose and mouth will be worn unless speaking or singing from the stage area.
- Radio transmission of congregation-wide events will be available if you are more comfortable remaining in your vehicles.
Tim Woody is leading a Task Force to finalize HR policies in the absence of a minister is being formed. If you have HR experience and would like to help, please click here.
The fifth Sunday this month will be focused on Food For All!
We are responsible for Food for all this Month as there is a Fifth Monday (August 31st). Due to COVID 19 but we can not work together to make a meal so we really need your assistance this month!
Lets cook virtually 🙂 We cannot cook together at the church so please donate something to add to the meals and my family will put together the meals and deliver them to Fairview Baptist Church.
If you have questions or cannot figure this out – please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call/text me @3363801926.
Please sign up to help the Davies family with meals using this sign up genius. If you have any ideas of fun, safe-during-social-distancing activities to do with the teens, let Matt know.
Pam Dickens is recovering at home following surgery last week. Her caretaker left on Tuesday, and she would love some help with food! Here is her meal train link!
Everyone, please stay safe and continue socially distancing and wearing a mask!
UUCH Group for People Living Alone
People living alone are in a unique circumstance in this current pandemic situation. If you are interested in gathering socially with other UUCH people living alone at this time of social distancing, contact Lorri Drozdyk at firstname.lastname@example.org. We meet every Monday at 12:30 in person at UUCH (Memorial Garden or other UUCH location suitable for the attendees) while practicing good social distancing (6 feet minimum, and bring your own chair, lunch, etc). If rain is forecasted, we meet by zoom.
The 2020 absentee ballot request form is now available from the Orange County (NC) Board of Elections website. Click here. Because we do not know what the COVID-19 situation will be in November you may want to request an absentee ballot. Requesting the ballot but deciding to vote in person is acceptable. Submitting the ballot AND voting on election day is NOT acceptable. Contact Aimee Tattersall with any questions. She probably will not know the answer but may be able to find out.
Covering COVID-19, and the coming weeks:
Your support and understanding is greatly appreciated as we navigate this situation. Your / our health and well-being are of primary concern, and we want to reiterate the recommended key actions from the CDC that will help limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask when in the presence of others / outside the home.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid touching your face, mouth, and nose.
Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
Put six feet of distance between yourself and other people, if you need to be out.
- Stay home! The best way to minimize the overloads at hospitals and clinics is to stay at home and avoid physical contact with others.