Lower Elementary Room
The Lower Elementary Room is currently following the Wonderful Welcome, a UUA Tapestry of Faith curriculum.
Wonderful Welcome will:
- Expand children’s understanding of their relationships with others, including people they know, people they will meet and all life that shares our planet
- Create opportunities for children to identify and practice a wide variety of welcoming behaviors; activate children’s capacity to welcome many manifestations of the interconnected web of life, including people, animals and the natural environment
- Teach children the concept of “intangible gifts,” qualities that can be shared but cannot be seen or held
- Teach the importance of welcoming as an act of Unitarian Universalist faith and as an expression of our Unitarian Universalist Principles
- Develop and enrich children’s sense of belonging to their religious education peer community, their congregational community and the larger Unitarian Universalist faith community
- Introduce practices of stewardship
- Help children create a shared atmosphere that encourages a sense of reverence, awe, gratitude and wonder.
Sessions of “Wonderful Welcome” curriculum
Over the summer sessions we worked as a team with the other UUCH RE classes on making our puppet for the Hillsborough Hand Made Puppet Parade!
To learn more about the parade follow the link below.